Tuesday 20 September 2011

Doomed!

Oh oh...

Another example of the relentless drive for "progress".

Some humble turn of the last century buildings on Yonge St. destined to go the way of the Dodo Bird.

On the positive side though, Toronto does need more condos.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha.

But this may not be too bad.

But let's look a little higher.

Cranes peer above the roof tops.

But not a lot of other activity.

Unless we slide a little to the right.

Ohhh...

A little farther.

Ohhhhh....that's where you're hiding.

Didn't think I'd notice you back here, huh.

And I'm not holding much hope that they'll even keep the facades, as I was burned before. See "I Lied. They Lied" for details.

Oh well, at least I'll have pictures of these nice old buildings once they're gone.

1 comment:

northerndreamer said...

Do me a favor at the construction sight one of these times wuld you please? I've always wanted to watch them assemble one of those giant cranes from the ground up. Maybe you could document the process in pictures for me. Since you've got all this time.