Friday 4 January 2013

Really....?


Didn't get as many socks as I had hoped at Christmas so went looking for a sale.

And Bingo!  The Bay comes through.

Buy 2, Get 1 Free.  And I needed three pairs.


Except I noticed they were in packages of 8.

I asked the clerk, "To get this sale, does this mean I have to buy 24 pairs of socks?"

He looked at me and said, "Yes."

I said, "Really....?  24 pairs?"

He looked at me again and said, this time more emphatically, "...Yes."

I should have asked him, So how's that sale going?

How often do you look in your drawer and say, "Whoa!  I need 24 pairs of socks!"

Maybe if you've just gotten out of prison or you've come back from two years in the Galapagos Islands.  But other than that.....

Man, I could come up with ideas like these for half of what they're paying some ad firm.




1 comment:

Krys and Paul said...

It's a special deal for the colour blind - full set of socks you can't mismatch. I speak from Paul's experience ;-) Unless you believe life is too short to worry about matching socks ;-)