Wednesday 23 September 2020

Back In My Day.......

 Holy cow, kids today, and Millennials, get outraged and stressed about everything. 


Now, I don't have any kids in school - that I know of - and I'm not a teacher, but I gotta figure my generation would have handled things differently back in my day.  [Ed. note: Okay. Boomer.]

In fact, here's a picture of me and my Mom on a great holiday years ago.

Oh come on, don't freak out.  She's using "the arm" technique to protect me, so no danger here.

Okay, so that's not me, it's a little girl, but you get the idea.


But here is a picture of me on the way to the ski hill.


Nothing wrong here, because there are two bars holding me back.

Although I must admit, today's seats look a lot more comfortable.  But we didn't care!


And Seat Belts!?


We don't need no stinkin' seat belts!


And Good Times?

After a while I even got to know which end of the sparkler to grab. 

Of course, that meant the other end went in my mouth.  But we didn't care!

Helmets?

Come on.  This was a snap of me on my way to work.

Good times.....

So I think my generation would be handling this go to school with Covid thing a little bit differently.

So one more picture, this time with me and my Dad.


Now don't freak again, he has not one but three straps holding me on.

Okay, so that's not me again, it's another little girl,  But we didn't care!


2 comments:

northerndreamer said...

It's amazing we survived. But then, that stuff wasn't dangerous in our day...so if we stop labelling stuff dangerous...OMG...Trumpian thought...shoot me now;-))

Hanna said...

Oh boy did Finland win the lottery being next to that giant red spot on the map?!