Thursday 10 September 2020

Is That A Fact?

 

Researchers, apparently from Cornell University, discovered that you can keep seagulls from stealing your food by....looking at them.

Get out of town!

They did a study - and I am not making this up - where they put a bag of potato chips on the ground and timed how long it took for a seagull to try and grab it.


Amazingly, they found if you looked directly at the seagull, it took 21 seconds longer for them to grab the chips.

Wow. They could pay me half the money and I could come up with those results.

And for the same money, I could also conclude that if you wave your arms and run at them, it is quite a bit longer than 21 seconds for them to grab the chips. And if you throw rocks at them, much longer.

If this is what constitutes higher learning, I fear for humanity.

"What your degree in, son?"

"Uhhh...ornithological studies...."



No comments: