Friday 7 December 2007

Are You Kidding Me?

These shots were all taken on a single walk about downtown, on one street. Down here the police (or po-lease, as they like to be called) pull you over for driving a Taurus.

Personally, I've never seen it happen, because I've never seen a Taurus down here.




What the hell is this piece of crap Hyundai doing in the picture? Sorry, that's my rental car.


Some people are pretty cool about stuff. Others not so.

I had just taken the shot of this car, when a couple came over to look at it. I said, would you like me to start it up for you? She looked at me like I had two heads. Or more correctly, like I didn't have two million dollar bills to rub together.

However, when I first came up to it to take the shot, I said to the couple already standing there, mind if I take a picure of your car. Without missing a beat, he said, for a quarter of a million bucks, I might as well get some use out of it.



I left out all the Beemers, Mercedes, Rolls (there are lots), Lexus (booooring) for obvious reasons, dahlin'.

A normal person feels so out of place here. I'm embarassed to get in my car. Or more correctly, to get out of it.

I felt like using that line from Beverly Hills Cop, when Eddie Murphy drops his beater off at Valet Parking at a swanky restaurant and says "Park this, but be careful. All this %&$%@ happened to it the last time I parked here."

No comments: