Monday 24 December 2007

Out And About

So I thought I would take my own advice from the previous post and get out and about. But due to Situation Gimpy, I had to stay close to home. So.....

Here is a shot of our Garbage Room door. Just around back. It's actually a very nice room, well laid out, with recycling bins, etc. It's too dark in their to get a snap, unfortunately. Moving on......


This is how I get into our parking area.

Ummmm.....this door goes up when you get close. Hmmmm....then it automatically comes down later. Pretty neat idea. ....did I mention that the door opens when you get close? Ya.....


Hey? Are you watchin' me? Are you watchin' me? 'cause I'm watching you.

Good to know this is here right outside the garbage room. Nobody'll be stealing any of our tabasco containers or sliced mushroom tins. Mine, anyway.


The aforementioned rail transit system. Right across the street.

It's free through the downtown core. Which means you have business people (moi, due to the knee) sitting next to passed out winos - who really stink, by the way - riding around all day keeping warm.

The "no fare" idea was to encourage ridership. Well, that worked.

Although I don't think guys who pee and vomit everywhere (I am not kidding - people rarely sit on stained seats because they don't know how recent the "event" was.) were their target market. But it's really caught on. With some folk anyway.

Security is constantly carrying these guys off the train. Especially where I live, end of the line. One, because they don't want to go and two, because they've passed out and can't walk.

Very nice at 6:30am, as you are heading in to work. And this is why you rarely sit in a stained seat. What's that expression, "Fool me once......"


Hey, I didn't know we had a convenience store in the building. Cool. I do have to get out more.

But I'm not going to be sticking around too long. Some "guy" is staring at me like I'm a steak dinner as he hangs out outside the store. And great, he followed me in, too.

I should be okay, though, I think the train is about to leave and he'll want to get on and have a pee.


So that was my exercise for today. I hope you join me tomorrow, when I go across the street.

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

Well, that's apretty good Christmas Eve ramble or rnnt. Sounds like you can us some peace, love amd understanding. Hope your Christmas Day is better.
Cheers, Rob