Monday 31 December 2007

Nice.....

[Ed. note: The follow may not be suitable for all squeamish readers.]

As you know, I've often commented that although I live in the downtown condo neighborhood, it can be a pretty rough place at times. Well, we outdid ourselves today.

We just had a guy shot to death at noon, less than two blocks from my place.

This picture is standing next to my condo, looking down the alley at the police tape and flashing lights. (Believe me, they're there.)


Here I was taking some shots of the scene and unexpectedly got a shot of the unfortunate victim. Which is likely why the police officer in the patrol car came out and chased me off. Nicely, though.

He just stood between me and the scene and looked at me. Almost like management at a meeting, when your time is up and it's time to go, "....thank you. Thank you."


I guess they had the whole Calgary CSI group out.

This happened at noon, right at a busy intersection. Of course, that intersection is nicknamed "Cocaine Corner". So perhaps this is not surprizing.

People are always getting stabbed there at night (and in September this is also where the fellow was pushed under the commuter train at rush hour and killed over a bad pot deal) so you kind of expect that. But this is getting way out of hand.

I'm sure this was drug related. Our prosperity is killing us.

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

Jim, you need to leave that area/city/province!!! Retire, will ya.