Saturday 1 March 2008

Oops, I Did It Again

Won a Tim Horton's Coffee Card ($25!) the other night. That's the good news.

The bad news is I did it at a company function. In style.

I got up on stage and sang (yelled/mumbled/slurred) Margaritaville in front of my entire department (plus some US majority shareholder visitors).

Of course, due to liberal applications of whistle-whetter, I forgot a lot of the words. [Which always impresses bosses and majority shareholders.]

Luckily the piano players (a "Duelling Piano" theme) were there to bail me out. A little late though.

It wasn't even supposed to be me up there. I was trying to hook somebody else. On a request card, I wrote "Margaritaville" and "Bob Smith would like to sing this one." Unfortunately, "Bob Smith" is a bit smarter than I am and intercepted the request card. And made an important change. Sheesh.

The next day, one of the event organizers came up to me with a big smile. Since she is a very cute woman, I was hoping for the best. I said, hi, she just kept smiling. After lingering uncomfortably for a while with our silence and smiles, she turned and walked away and said "....I've got the photos."

Hmmm.....excellent. I wonder if Timmy's sells vodka?

No comments: