Monday 13 April 2009

Hello Mo

Or goodbye might be more appropriate.

I just found out that the Morrissey Tavern, a staple of good college boys out for some bad times back in the 70's/80's, was located right beside mia casa - where the Shoppers Drug Mart now proudly stands. I had a vibe that it was close.

Kinda cool. But kinda sad.

I had my first pint of Keith's at The Mo. And as the saying sort of goes "Those who like it, like a lot of it'. I certainly fell, tripped, stumbled into that category.

So everytime I now come down the stairs of our condo, I come out to the backdoor of what was once The Mo. I can only imagine that the sight of roadies and band members out sneakin' a dube back then would have been much cooler than watching the Shopper's bag boy dumping the trash or having a smoke.

Oh well, say hello to progress.

Mia casa poking its head over The Mo/Drugmart. And those are our townhouses over the Drug Mart sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do we have a farmer's market nearby? like at your last casa in TO?

PJ