Saturday 11 April 2009

Wascally Wabbit

Got quite a shock yesterday.

Went outside to take some pictures of the BBQ I have to sell, because I'm not allowed to BBQ on my balcony!! [But that's a story for another (50!!!) posts.]

As I was removing the cover, it seemed to be stuck. Not surprizing, I thought, as this was the first time I'd moved it in five months.

However, as I tugged and tugged, I felt a distinct "thump". I looked down at my feet and a dazed raccoon tumbled out.

I don't know who was more terrified mildly surprized. But he looked up and then slowly lumbered off down along the balcony and up and over the wall.



So that cover is staying off until I sell the freakin' thing.

The same thing happened to me in Calgary.

After coming back from a vacation, I couldn't understand why so many pigeons were all over my balcony. [It was actually what pigeons leave behind that was all over, but the point is the same.]

Those rats with wings had actually built a nest under that damn cover!

So I picked up each baby and squeezed them with all my might. Whoa, whoa, just kidding!

It didn't take much squeezing at all.

Okay, no babies yet or even eggs, just those $%&^$ pigeons. But my dear, 92 year old mother had good advice for me; "Kill them!"

4 comments:

mr fkia said...

It looks like you live on the ground floor and they still won't let you have a bbq?

Urban Cowboy said...

It looks like the first floor, but the townhouses across way and I are actually on the third floor.

They can BBQ, but I am in the main building. So am only one in the building with a large balcony that cannot bbq!

Hence the 50! posts comment.

Anonymous said...

That is un-freakin' believable... WHAT are you going to do???? Was that in the small print when you signed on? What the heck do you have a balcony for if you can't BBQ on it? ARRRggghhhhh!

And I don't understand the racoon/pigeon thing - were they all livin' in their together or what? And if you kill 'em.... grrrr...

Pat
Joisey

Anonymous said...

Mother knows best!...Kill'em all!