Sunday 12 April 2009

Tough Call

Not if I would tell or not. [Not that I, uhhh, have to.]

But as I was trolling strolling through the gaybourhood, I saw this ad that reminded me of a recent trial here in Canada that has everyone talking about just this question.

Now although the author seldom engages in thoughtful discourse on this site, an initial attempt will be made.

A man was just convicted of first degree murder because he did not disclose he had HIV/AIDS to his sexual partners and two women died. Several more are ill.

This is reportedly the first time in the world that a first degree murder conviction has been rendered for this. Many applaud it.

However, many legal experts are asking the exact question in the ad - will this not drive testing and self reporting of the disease underground? Which they fear will make AIDS transmission rates soar.

So I don't know if this ad was in response to the trial or whether this is just normal advocacy found in the gay/lesbian part of town.

Discuss among yourselves.

5 comments:

mr fkia said...

I always disclose that I am an arsehole and get rejected regularly. You learn to live with it!!

Anonymous said...

Who says you have to have a STD to get rejected??? I agree w/ Mr. Fkia...

Pat
Joisey

Urban Cowboy said...

You got it. You preaching to the preverted here.

Anonymous said...

I just keep taking the pills and don't say anything...so far, so good. Hope I don't run out of...

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm the first "anonymous" and not the 2nd... yikes, I guess it depends what you're taking the pills for...my luck, that guy will be my next date... sigh... wow.

Pat Joisey