Tuesday 28 December 2010

Thank Goodness For The Toronto Star!


[Warning - right wing spin on left wing biased media upcoming! If you are easily offended by realistic portrayal of commie-pinko media, click "Next Blog>>" above. Not "Report Abuse".]

Without the Toronto Star's insightful commentary, I might have misinterpreted some of these photo's from this summer's G20 Summit.

T Star:"Police fire smoke grenades past a distraught protester".

Distraught? To me, a distraught protester should be cowering on the ground somewhere - like I would.

I think someone trying to provoke the police would be standing in the middle of the street, arms spread, likely saying later; "But I didn't do anything...."

Just like your little brother, with his finger one inch from your head; "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you."

T Star:"A protester is overcome by smoke after attempting to put out a fire in a police car."

They forgot to add "....that he set on fire."

I think someone must have hidden all his fire-putting-out material.

T Star:"Here a distraught protester attempts to make a withdrawal from a bank."

Okay, for this one they actually called him a "masked vandal". That must have really stuck on the keyboard a while before typing.

Now I believe the police did overreact to many of the situations.

But I think that is because they got poo flung at them by the media and the public the day before when they let the "Block Block" guys torch those police cars, etc.

[The Black Block Group burst out of groups of protesters to do their thing. And then disappear...into the crowd...]

So I think the cops were told, that's not going to happen again. So the next day, with the city on tenderhooks, any large group was watched like a hawk.

But really, after all the destruction and mayhem the day before why would anyone be out wandering the streets with amped up cops and Molotov cocktail throwing anarchists around?

Any sensible person would be tucked far out of harm's way. In a bar somewhere. I know I was.

And the sad part is, I have absolutely no idea what all these people were protesting about. All their screaming and yelling drowned out their message.

But the one thing I do take away from this is, though, I wouldn't want to be a Toronto Star reporter needing police help any time soon.

Or me, needing the Star's help.

4 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

what bar was that agian??

Urban Cowboy said...

Blu.

Krys and Paul said...

omg - a spelling error from Rob???!!?!?

While I lean to the left (bad knee), I do feel the protestors should have tried to stop people who were drowning out their message - as you say - it was lost, lost, lost.

FINS UP2 said...

...maybe my Dad was kind of strange--he used to tell me the cops can't put the boots to you if your not in their custody. Hmmm? He has a point usually if your yelling at the police you have crossed the line between protesting and provoking. May they settle you down using any reasonable force. You, at that point, are not a law abiding citizen but a threat to our democracy. Toronto Cops are tops. Its a tough job especially with the Star up your orfice.