Saturday 30 October 2010

Hey, That's My Move!

Or at least, That's my office. Or former office building, anyway.

Today's Condo Section features the building I used to call home for 16 years - unil we got kicked out to Calgary - 111 St. Clair Ave West. It's now being converted into - what else - condos.

At least they are saving the entire building, interior artwork and all.

So that's more than can be said about some other current developments.

And there I am/were/was.

Cog in the wheel?

Nonsense!

I was....uhhhhhh....a valued contributor, a key part of.......

Wait, rewind....rewind.

I used to have to drag my carcass out of bed at 5:45 A.M. for 16 years.

And take crap from just about anybody and everybody.

My office was a shoebox that I had to lick clean every night.

Of course, some of you would think that's luxury.

Okay, too much Monty Python.

[See "Four Yorkshiremen" for a refresher.]

Well, I guess the experience was somewhere between the two.

Don't matter - no going back now. So now on to new challenges, new accomplishments. Tackle things retired guys now have the time to do.

.....ZZZZZZZZZZ.......

3 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

My office was below the great divide and to the right of yours. I have come to appreciate it after years in cube farms IF I WAS LUCKY. Corporations seem to think it is smart to put very very high priced consultants (as they kept telling me) in dungeons and closets and still expect them to produce! But I did get paid and here I am in Paris, so what right have I too complain?

Krys and Paul said...

to complain

Krys and Paul said...

It was a relief that they weren't going to pull 111 down.