Sunday 13 January 2008

Must Be In The Front Row

Home opener for the Calgary Roughnecks lacrosse team Saturday night. And I got my seats upgraded this year.

Front row, right behind the net. Pretty good vantage point for watching noses get smushed up against the glass.



And also pretty good vantage point for the cameraman to get me on the Jumbotron. Cheeky monkey.

I guess there were no pretty girls in the seats yet, so he flashed me up there.

Thought I would return the favour.



To give you the simulated feel of me up on the Jumbotron, this is me in my nice pink sweatshirt and matching hat.

Now just so nobody gets angry, this was not taken by the cameraman. Official cameraman, anyway. You remember Big Buddy? Well this was apparently Bumbling Buddy. Not so easy taking a shot with my little shutter box, is it.

I was pretty in pink, by the way, because the Roughnecks were having a breast cancer fundraiser last night.
In fact, all the players looked pretty in pink. Although I didn't tell them that. All the jerseys were auctioned off after the game and they raised over $40,000.


Oopsie....
Looks like one got away from the 'necks goalie. Heck, he plays, and looks, like a girl. I didn't say that to him either. These are big boys. With absolutely no senses of humour.



Again, not so easy to take those photos, is it Big Fingered Buddy?



And I guess not so much fun getting your picture taken either. Another good close up of the big fingers. All five this time.

Unfortunately, the boys lost in overtime. Same thing that happened last year. And to the same team. But an exciting game, nonetheless.

1 comment:

Rob Greenfield said...

"I was pretty in pink," are dangerous words for a guy to uttering, especially in print. Whoa!!!