Wednesday 23 January 2008

Nice.......

So I go down to get a paper this morning and what do I see - I mean who do I see. Wait a second, I don't know who this is....what scuzbag do I see passed out in our lobby?

It's a good thing Google doesn't have its smell-o-rama feature enabled or you'd be doubled over. Our whole lobby stank you like wouldn't believe.

I know it's tough to make him out, but below is what the lobby should look like.


So did I call the cops to get him out? Did I yell and kick him to get him out? No, no...I just got my paper and went back upstairs. Sigh.... But something has to be done about these guys.

Now all you suburbanites are saying, what a heartless cad you are. These are the most vulnerable people in our society. We need to look after them. Well, see if you like them sleeping on your property.

You guys go back to your pretty bungalows. While we urban cowboys have to be tougher, grittier than that to survive.....oo oo wait a second, my mocha latte is ready. Mmmmm.....anyway.... grittier to survive down here in the core.

And don't worry, these guys have lots of shelters where they can get warm and eat. But they don't want to go there, because they won't let them in hammered and high. So they just ride around on the free C-Train all day long. And now, sleep in my lobby. Whew....I'm out of breathe.

And it's not just me. In today's paper a female reporter told it like it is.
Way to go Naomi. She started by relating a story about Israeli prime minister Golda Meir.

Her male cabinet ministers told her the way to cut down on nighttime assaults was to have a curfew banning women after dark. She shot back - no, ban the men.

So Naomi really lit into those "scumbags who ride up and down the free-fare zone...because they have nothing better to do with their sordid lives. They're even sleeping in guy's lobbies." Okay, I added that last part.

But the rest is right on! Maybe we're getting to a critical mass here.

[P.S. What prompted her article was a woman was beaten to death at a C-Train station on the weekend.]

Okay, angry middle-aged, middle-class guy signing off......

2 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Some "cowboy." Any cowboy worth his chewin' tabaci woould have hauled that bum's ass out of the building, smelly or not. That's the only way things will change. I bet and non-urban, bungalow fella would surely kick the bum's sorry but off his property.

Urban Cowboy said...

Ha ha. I'll be sure to call you next time......