Wednesday 25 August 2010

Oh, Here I Go Again...

Man, young girls have to be the most vapid, self centred, ignorant species on the planet.

I thought it was just grumpy old retired guy syndrome, but there's an article about this on CNN today.

But yesterday, over the course of one hour, I had three similar experiences just walking down Yonge St.

1) Two young girls, talking and laughing, taking up most of the sidewalk. I veer to go around them, when, as one continues to tell her story, takes a drag of her cigarette and wildly swings out her arm. Hitting me on the wrist with the burning ember. A pause and then a sheepish "...sorry", then on with the talking.

2) Going in to a shop with a revolving door. There is a young girl on her cell phone in front of me and a guy in front of her. As he pushed to start the door, her free hand remained at her side as she talked. And I'm sure she was expecting me to do my part pushing the door behind her so she would just criuse through. (Ha ha I didn't do anything). But the guy in front pushed enough for her to make it through. But not me!!

3) Leaving another store, a women pulls open a door to come in. A young girl on her cell phone walks right into the woman's space, pushes by her to leave the building. Free hand by her side, oblivious and talking.

Good thing I wasn't farther from home or this post would have likely gone up to 10 or 12. I'll stick with women over 40 any day.

Reminds me of the Andy Rooney segment, celebarting women over 40;

"Women over 40 won't ask "What are you thinking?" They don't care what you're thinking."

No comments: