Saturday 6 March 2010

Hey! The Condo Critic (Must) Read My Blog

So a week after dissing the building outside my office, (see "Last Week's Slagging") probably because of my snooty comments, the Toronto Star condo critic took aim at my neighbourhood this week.

Although the title sounds like he also slagged us - and there is lots to slag - he said this was actually a good example of a building fitting in to the neighbourhood.

The developer kept the historic building, TeatrO VerdE , and built over & behind it.

And it is a Home & Garden store now.

An expensive Home & Garden store, as I awkwardly found out.

But although this is a good example of fitting in, what is that crane farther down the street silhouetted against the sky?

Let's get a little closer.

A little closer....

Oh oh....

Ah ha!

Now that's the stinking behemoth I love to hate.

55 stories, starting at one million dollars, 2,000 square feet and up. The one that knocked down all those little guys I posted earlier.

I'll be interested to read his take on this hunk a junk once it's completed.

[Ed note: to see some earlier rants on this same topic, may I suggest "So Long, Yorkville" or, "Still Hanging In"]

No comments: