Monday 27 April 2020

Testing Our Patients......


Get it?  Ha ha.  I kill me.

Anyway....we all know testing is key to tackling the COVID problem.  But in Canada we are really dragging our feet and it's driving us crazy.

Or so the experts say.  So here is a chart of testing per million population, by various countries.





Well, we're not leading the pack, but solidly in the middle of the global muddle. Even testing more than the good old U S of A.

But experts say that before we can ease our lock-down restrictions, we need to be testing more.  Almost three times more.

Well that is going to be quite the challenge.  That means we will have test more than the gold standard Israelis. Or Portuguese.  Or Swiss.  Or Italians.  I certainly hope I don't have to continue to stare at myself in the mirror until that happens.

So let's look at yesterday's stats to see if any improvement.  Starting with new cases.....



Another lower'ish day.  I'm guessing if we have another lower'ish day, the red trend line will start to curl down.

The chart of deaths from yesterday......



Also looks encouraging.   Stay tuned....

No comments: