Sunday 3 May 2020

May 2nd COVID Stats


Seven day trend of new cases ticking up slightly.

[As always, click on any graph to zoom in.]



However, the amount of testing has ramped up as well, so maybe not surprising   In fact, if we compare testing to number of new cases....



...testing has dramatically increased since late April while the new cases rate has remained relatively flat.  So that is actually good news.

Let's look at Ontario.....



D'oh!  So an uptick in new cases, but Ontario set a record yesterday with over 16,000 tests,  More than three times earlier rates, which were at under 5,000 per day.

Deaths yesterday.....



Not much more to be said there.


And I don't know if it is me or this stay-at-home lock down thing, but I saw somebody I know walk by yesterday and I ran to the window, yelling and waving at him.

Now I know how dogs feel.